Packed with DIY Ideas, Holiday Recipes, DIY Recipes, DIY Cooking, and more, The Harried Housewife’s forthcoming book, Cooking, Baking, and Making: 100 Recipes and DIY Ideas for All Seasons and Reasons, will be available September 19, 2017. Pre-Order Sale Price!
Here are some ideas featured in Cooking, Baking, and Making:
* Host a springtime luncheon and include recipes like Herbed Cucumber Tea Sandwiches and Smoky Bacon Deviled Eggs. Present these tasty tidbits on Tiered Serving Platters made with dishware you already have, or with dishes bought from the dollar store.
* Enjoy an alfresco get-together during summer with seasonal recipes like Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Burgers and Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa. Make a pretty and practical Frozen Ice Bucket to chill a bottle of wine; serve wine in glasses decorated with unique Wine Charms that you’ve made for guests.
* Chase away the chills during the cool months of autumn with hearty bowls of Corn and Crab Chowder. Buy pot holders from the dollar store and use fabric glue to embellish them with autumn-inspired decorations. Use Embellished Pot Holders for handling the chowder and serve on No-Sew Placemats that are made from fabric remnants.
* Gather with those near and dear during the winter holidays and savor a taste of the season with Creamy Eggnog Cupcakes. Entertain with ease by setting up a Velvety Mashed Potatoes with Assorted Toppings Martini Bar. Give tasty gifts to those you love such as Homemade Bottles of Crème de Menthe.
* Make Custom Coffee Mugs and fill with coffee beans; place in festive gift bags and decorate with personalized Salt Dough Gift Tags—which also can be used as Christmas tree decorations.